CMS Legal - Family Lawyers


Talk to one of our team
08 9207 1866

Ask a question here

Violence Restraining Orders Perth

Violence Restraining Orders (“VRO”) are an Order made by the court aimed at stopping threats, property damage, violence and emotional abuse.

It tells the offender to stay away from you and/or to stop behaving in a certain way towards you.

Do I need a Violence Restraining Order?

Any person in Perth who has suffered an act of abuse as defined by the Restraining Orders Act 1997 (WA) can apply for a violence restraining order or VRO. An act of abuse can include any of the following:

  • Assault, Injury, Physical Violence, Damage to Property, Emotional Abuse or Stalking.
  • Any behaviour in a manner that is Intimidating, Offensive or Emotionally Abusive towards another person.

What if a Violence Restraining Order been issued against me?

If a Violence Restraining Order has been issued against you, the law provides you with the opportunity to accept, object, or vary the conditions of the Violence Restraining Order.

You have 21 days to lodge an objection in the Magistrates Court of Western Australia.

Should I speak with a Lawyer about a VRO?

When looking to apply for a Violence Restraining Order in Perth or seeking to defend one that has been issued against you, there are many issues to consider. CMS Legal in Perth can help you to understand these issues and if needed provide legal representation. For more information regarding your specific circumstance, please contact us to make an appointment about violence restraining order Perth.

Ask a question here

Security Check

Type text in the box